There were 58.5 weeks between the arrival of the New Misfits in Looniverse-A and the return of the LNH (as seen in the Infinite Leadership Crisis). During this period, there was a rule forbidding any new members from joining the LNH (although an exception was made for Incredibly Stupid Man, because nobody could convince him to stop applying). The eponymous series chronicles the adventures of the New Misfits during this period, and Cannon Fodder's journey of self-discovery.
- New Misfits: Came to the Looniverse from LNH2, and picked up a bunch of new members over time.
- Blackbird: The master of Goth Darkness and leader of the New Misfits.
- Whatever: Blackbird's cousin, a precocious power-breaker.
- Analytic: Can see things most people can't!
- Tree-Hugging Kid: The host of an Earth Spirit from a dead world.
- Blur: The anthropomorphic personification of vagueness. Beyond that, we can't really say.
- Bandwagon Chick: A veteran LNHer and mistress of the Mystic Bandwagon.
- Hyperbolic Boy: An agent of P.A.N.I.C. with the power of The Amazing.
- Dramatic Pause Lass: Another P.A.N.I.C. agent, with the power of pauses.
- Locked Room: A stranded time-traveller from the year 6,345,789.
- Old Ugly: Locked Room's genetically-engineered giant trilobite pet.
- Contraption Boy: Contraption Man's sidekick from an alt.ernate future, with much the same powers.
- Howie K: A martial-artist kiwi turned humanoid by a devolution ray. (...hey!)
- Smiley: Controls emotions through her smiley-face T-shirt.
- Laran: Etruscan god of war. Summoned by the death and faith of Sgt. Lauro Graziani.
- Ultra-Mobile Dawg: A smuggler from Net.ropolis's less friendly neighborhoods. Has shrinking powers and speaks in thick slang.
- Fan Boy II: A comic book fan with wind powers. No relation to Fan.Boy.
- Smoke Ring Girl: Controls smoke rings, pretty much.
- Cannon Fodder: That well-known lovable death magnet. Goes on a Net.Hero's Journey.
- Kid Not-Appearing-In-Any-Beige-Midnight-Story: The revamped version of Kid Not Appearing In Any Retcon Hour Story. Travels with Cannon Fodder on his journey.
- Whino Lad: A mysterious, prophetic, kind-of-whacked-out-of-his-head net.hero.
- Triangle Lad: They have a fight, Triangle wins.
- Geekobots: Shape-changing giant robots who took on the forms of geek culture. Enemies of the Yuppicons.
- Amazing Amazon: Hyperbolic Boy's sister, and inheritor to his powers.
- The United States of Matter: Solid, Liquid, Gaseous, and Plasma. A P.A.N.I.C.-trained net.hero team.
- Pantra: The former WannaBe Girl, whose powers reacted to the hole in reality left by a certain retconned LNHer.
- The Old School: The stalwart champions of Earth-308.
- New Young Teens: Earth-308's jumble of juniors!
- Mother Time: Tamela Tyme, the Time Crapper's ex in several alt.ernate timelines.
- Time Crapper: Master of the Rear-End of Time.
- Crime Empire: An evil organization which has sprung up as the LNH has dwindled.
- Lion Pack: A group of net.villain couples of different origins who ruled the California underworld with an iron fist. Definitely not the New Misfits' parents.
- Yuppicons: Shape-changing non-organic aliens, come to enslave the Earth's people. Enemies of the Geekobots.
- Evilverse Legion: The Lodge of Nightmarish Horror, a world "without any redeeming qualities".
- Acla Fright: The Evilverse version of the New Misfits.
- Xinerama Brotherhood: Those charged with watching over the Usenetverse. The Looniverse is getting in the way of their plan to get rid of alt.comics.lnh; it will have to be... done away with.
- Paraddox: The former Weirdness Magnet, with a meta-level intellect and a manipulative personality.
- The Existents: A helpful, interdimensional band.
The numbering of the series skipped forward between issues 13 and 17, and again between 29 and 39.
- Issue #1: "Break Away"
- Issue #2: "Higher and Higher"
- Issue #3: "The Times, They Are A-Changin'"
- Issue #4: "You've got to cheat a little, Steal a little..."
- Issue #5: "Turn off your mind, relax, and float down stream; It is not dying."
- Issue #6: "California Here I Come"
- Issue #7: "I Don't Wanna Be a Lion 'Cause Lions Ain't a Kind You Love Enough"
- Issue #8: "Bright Lights, Big City"
- Issue #9: "That Ain't No Way To Have Fun"
- Issue #10: "But When You Talk About Destruction" (Supersized Feature, with portions written by Saxon Brenton and Dave Van Domelen)
- Issue #11: "Godd is a concept by which we measure our pain"
- Issue #12: "Once Upon a Time There Was a Tavern"
- Issue #13: "It's Time To Spread Our Wings And Fly"
- Issue #17: "It Ain't Over Till It's Over"
- Issue #18: "Sexy and Seventeen" (Part One of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #19: "Somebody Better Put You Back Into Your Place" (Part Two of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #20: "Friends Will Be Friends" (Part Three of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #21: "Shielded In My Armor" (Part Four of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #22: "Dressed for Success" (Part Five of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #23: "Though You Die, La Resistance Lives On" (Part Six of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #24: "In The Land That Our Grandchildren Knew" (Part Seven of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #25: "Step On Everybody's Feet" (Part Eight of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #26: "Sky of Blue, and Sea of Green" (Part Nine of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #27: "Sparks Will Fly" (Part Ten of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #28: "Man I Was Mean But I'm Changing My Scene" (Part Eleven of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #29: "Equal To The Love You Make" (Part Twelve of Beige Twilight)
- Issue #39: "I Believe in Yesterday"
- Issue #40: "I Know What's Coming Down And I Know Where It's Coming From"
- Issue #41: "You Don't Believe We're On The Eve Of Destruction"
- Issue #42: "All Along The Watchtowel" (a Towel Day 2008 special issue)
- Issue #43: "I Wanna Be Evil, I Wanna Be Mad, But More Than That, I Wanna Be Bad"
- Issue #44: "Only Waiting For This Moment To Arise"
- Issue #45: "Everyone's an Also-Ran"
- Issue #46: "While All The Women Came And Went"
- Issue #47: "The Two-Way Mirror Mountain"
- Issue #48: "You Ain't No Friend Of Mine" (Part One of Cannon Fodder Triumphant)
- Issue #49: "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" (Part Two of Cannon Fodder Triumphant)