|Footnote Girl is a net.hero created by Saxon Brenton.|
|Alter Ego:||Petina Witherington-Brown|
|Aliases:||The Footnote Fiend|
|Primary Writer:||Saxon Brenton|
|Status:||Trainee member of the LNH (Classic Team)|
|Usability:||Usable With Permission|
Petina comes from the newsgroup alt.fan.pratchett. Before her first appearance, she attended a boarding school there, where she regularly had Tom Brown's Schooldays-style Adventures. An unknown force captured her and put her in the armor of the Footnote Fiend, using her in an attempt to conquer/destroy afp. Afterwards, she was brought to the LNH to learn how to control her powers.
Plucky, scrappy, easily frustrated by stupid adults.
Powers and Abilities
Creates footnotes; for the instant she creates the footnote, she gets a flash of omnicognizance so that the details are correct, then forgets it. Trained in wielding a hockey stick in self-defense.
Prepubescent English girl. Wears a typical English boarding school uniform and glasses.
As the Footnote Fiend, wore a black, menacing suit of armor, with vicious-looking razor edges along the forearms and a full mask that completely concealed her identity as well as producing nifty Darth Vader-like ominous breathing noises.
- First Appearance: Limp-Asparagus Lad #8
- Limp-Asparagus Lad #9-10, 16, 18, Volume 2 #0
- Insufficient Postage
- Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #53-54
- LNH Comics Presents #63, 501 (Infinite Leadership Crisis Parts 28 & 466)
- Though she may not agree with the label.
- Saxon's pretty good about giving it if you email him.
- She was raised by her sister, Sharon Witherington-Brown, AKA Librarian Lady.
- AKA a subplot that was never followed up on.
- As well as to give her a relatively stable home environment in which her sister could watch over her.
- Of which there is a never-ending supply.
- As the Footnote Fiend, her powers were greatly boosted by the technology of the armor she wore, including the ability to summon creatures made of footnotes.
- The creatures were a type of Punctuation net.elemental, which has lead to speculation that her powers are related to that net.element.
- Once, Petina had a higher potential level of power; however, she burned out a portion of it saving alt.fan.pratchett.
- You're thinking of Hogwarts, aren't you.
- Who was forced, after the deaths of their parents, to send Petina to boarding school while she sought out employment to support both of them.
- Footnote Girl also provides footnotes for many many LNH issues, which shall not be listed here.