|Golden Man is a net.hero created by Chris Hare.|
|Aliases:||The Golden Ager|
|Status:||Member of the LNH (Classic Team), member of The Core LNH, former member of the Classics Squad, sometime member of the Challengers of the Abominable|
No doubt long and storied, but mostly unrevealed. He was active at least as early as World War II, as one of the Classics Squad, and was also a member of the post-war Challengers of the Abominable. His first sidekick, Bobby, made his debut in 1941 and died (or did he?) in battle against the Alt.ra-Huma.net.ite in 1943. Decades later, Gary Niceguy was his sidekick for a brief period.
In the modern day, he showed up to defeat Marshall LaRocque and joined the LNH full-time. He's known as one of the more community-minded heroes, often spending his time rescuing cats, putting out fires, etc. in Net.ropolis.
He's often joined in on modern-day adventures as a viewpoint of experience, or as a contrast to a more modern-day- or youth-themed member. Currently, he's a member of The Core LNH.
Thinks in terms of Golden Age simplistic morality and cause and effect. So nice he's annoying. Tends to talk in an old-fashioned, heroic way; what that means varies from writer to writer, but generally, it involves declaiming a lot, and saying things like "Halt, evildoer!"
Powers and Abilities
Similar to the Golden Age Superman or Captain Marvel. Also has the effect of interacting with his environment in a Golden Age way; for instance, if he lifts a building it will be flat on the bottom with no plumbing, wiring, etc. Draws on the Golden Force, a realm of pure signal.
In his somewhat off-model appearance as part of the LNH Friends, he had "Golden Telepathy."
Sparkling golden tights, no mask, wavy black hair (with blue highlights), classically strong features. Has a subtle golden glow, which is more visible in the dark.
Has some kind of evil twin relationship going on with the Psycho-Pyrite.
Greatly admires the well-known but little-appreciated net. hero Mr. Net.ropolis, who may be his first sidekick, Bobby – but if he knows, he's not telling.
Alternate-universe counterparts include Golden Titan of Looniverse-Dantalion.
- First Appearance: **DEATH OF ELVIS MAN** (Marshall LaRocque: The Hateful Dread (part of The Death of Elvis Man)
- LNH Comics Presents #16, 18 (Looniverse Adrift! Parts 4 and 6)
- LNH Triple Play #2 (Looniverse Adrift! Part 8)
- LNH Triple Play #4 (Retcon Hour Part 0)
- LNH Triple Play #5, 10
- Golden Man and Smart Alec
- Golden Man: Life and Death
- Golden Man: Year One
- Golden Man: War of the Worlds
- Challengers of the Abominable #0-3
- The Continuing Adventures of Brain Boy #10
- OPUS #1
- Cheesecake-Eater Lad Strikes Back #11
- Net.ropolis #3, 7
- Journey Into Irrelevancy #1, 4 (mention), 12
- Anachronism Lad #1-2
- Net.heroes on Parade #19, 21 (revised, canonical version in TEB #4-5)
- Lagneto 2017 #4
- LNH Comics Presents Special #9
- Net.Heroes on Parade #19-20/TEB #3
- Beige Countdown #0
- The Core LNH #1.0-5.75
- Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 3 #4