Who Killed the Cat With Glasses?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Who Killed the Cat With Glasses? (aka Who Murdered the Cat With Glasses?) is a one-shot story by the attendees of RACCCon 2012 (specifically, Arthur Spitzer, Rob Rogers, Saxon Brenton and Scott Eiler). It took place in the Classic LNH universe, used a Net.Trenchcoat Brigade tone, and imported characters and elements from the Superhuman World.
The story has four threads which join together:
- In the Superhuman World, Mary O'Hanrahan is called to a California town to investigate the ritual death of cats. She confronts the Satanist high priest Black Brady. They get swallowed by a portal to another universe.
- The cat MacCavity crafts cyborg duplicates of himself. But he's found an improvement: Schroedinger-style probability duplicates of himself! Habanero the Fourth of July Miracle Cat has to bring MacCavity to task before Habanero can confront other evil.
- Brad Pitt has joined the Net.Trenchcoat Brigade! He's investigating Schroedinger-style duplicates of himself.
- The Net.ropolis Police investigate a Doctor Schroedinger, who's created duplicates of cats and of who knows what else.
- Habanero the Fourth of July Miracle Cat: The most patriotic of the Holiday Miracle Pets!
- Brad Pitt: Yes, that one! Or, rather, all of them!
- Mary O'Hanrahan: A member of the United States Insight Brigade, on investigation!
- Doktor Schroedinger, revealed to be the Vapid Veterinarian!
- MacCavity: The titular Cat With Glasses! His death! His life! His bloody-minded fury!
- Black Brady: Satanist exploiter of cats! Spine-tingling terror!
- Doctor Thelma Annlouise, who has a theory about world viewpoints as they relate to personal replication.
- A lot of policemen, often named Sarge or Kid or Sgt. Kidd.
There are some plot threads which could be followed:
- MacCavity is probably on the loose.
- Black Brady's remains are in the Looniverse now. Heh heh. The Devil Legion from the Superhuman World has claimed what remains of him... but now they're stuck here too!
- Brad Pitt has joined the Net.Trenchcoat Brigade, and still has duplicates. They have gathered around Pittsburgh.
- Habanero the Fourth of July Miracle Cat has joined the ranks of the Holiday Miracle Pets.