|The August One is a master of mysticism created by August Paul Yang. See also Occultism Kid II and Occultism Kid III.|
|Aliases:||Occultism Kid I|
|Status:||Former member of the LNH (Classic Team), deceased|
- Once, there was a young person who wasn't really a boy and wasn't really a man, and as it was the earlier part of the 20th century, he called himself a Kid.
- —WikiLull Visions #2
Not much is known of the history of the original Occultism Kid. He was apparently active at least as far back as World War II, taking part in a battle against Divine Blade near the end of the war.
In 1956, he tracked the necromancer Lord Prolixdraft to a house outside Net.ropolis, unaware that it was a nexus of time and space and the Book of Deus ex Machinas had been brought there. As a magical war for control of the Book raged on in the house, Bacchus approached Occultism Kid and gave him a bottle containing all the secrets and mysteries of the Looniverse to drink.
Sometime before the LNH formed as a team, Captain LNH called him in on a mission to disrupt the transreality nexus in the Net.ropolis Hotel Grand, which the Dorfs were trying to use as a beachhead to take over this sector of the galaxy. This had tragic consequences.
Possibly as a result, when the LNH formed, Occultism Kid became a member. He died in the Cry.Sig and a second Occultism Kid soon took his place. However, a malfunction in his TANDI restored the original to life. He retired and took the name of The August One, and set about training his successor.
In the fullness of time, he passed on more completely, his soul moving beyond this life... and coming back for another life, as Kid Occultism Kid.
Wise and serene.
Powers and Abilities
The August One possesses vast mystical knowledge.
An old man in a trenchcoat.
- First Appearance: Cosmic Plot Device Caper
- All Things Dark and Scary #3-5
- Flame Wars II
- Bride of C'thulhu #5, 7
- Beige Countdown #0 (flashback)
- Just Imagine Saxon Brenton vs. Andrew Perron in the Return of the RACCies! #9
- Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #50 (flashback)
- Hungry, Hungry Sabertooths! #33 (non-speaking)