|California Kid is a net.hero created by Dan'l Danehy-Oakes.|
|Alter Ego:||Brian West|
|Status:||Founding member of the LNH (Classic Team)|
Was created in the same post that the LNH was.
- "I guess I can join up as California Kid, whose power is to read comix weeks after everyone else has discussed 'em. . ."
- —Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, April 29, 1992, on rec.arts.comics
Has consistently been portrayed as one of the founding members of the team, and has remained a member for its whole existence.
Seemingly shallow, though with hidden depths. Something of a surfer dude. Uses a lot of slang, sometimes in weird ways (depending on the writer).
Powers and Abilities
Has a cool jet-powered surfboard Contraption Man made for him. When physically in California, can tap into the iconic power of the state itself; however, tends to stay out of the place.
Wears a pair of swim trunks with a colorful picture of palm trees and girls in bikinis playing beach volleyball, sandals, and sunglasses. "CK" is written in zinc oxide on his chest.
He has a father, Hal E. Foryna, a congressman; a mother, Sally Fornya, an actress; a sister, Mallory Fornya, an activist; and a family dog, Skipper.
- Cosmic Plot Device Caper
- Electrocutioner's Song
- The Flame Wars
- Flame Wars II
- The CrossOver Caper Chapter 4
- Tales of the LNH #284, 287
- The Three Day Lull #1, 17
- LNH Comics Presents #11-12
- LNH Comics Presents #14 (Looniverse Adrift! Part 2)
- LNH Comics Presents #29 (Culinary Disasters Part 1)
- Misfits #5-7
- A Kiwi Carol
- Johnny Fearless #2-3
- Limp-Asparagus Lad #20
- Net.Hero Society: Here a Net.Villain #2-3
- F.I.S.H. Force #5
- Saviors of the Net #3
- Bride of C'thulhu #7
- War Without Worlds #1-3
- LNH Comics Presents #57, 64 (Infinite Leadership Crisis Parts 22 and 29)
- Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #50
- Another LNH Title? Really? #10 (flashback)
- Hungry, Hungry Sabertooths! #33 (flashback)