|The Dvandom Stranger is a mysterious advice-giver created by Dave Van Domelen.|
|Alter Ego:||Dave van Domelen|
|Aliases:||Dial "D" for Dvandom|
|Primary Writer:||Dave Van Domelen|
Dial "D" for Dvandom was Dave Van Domelen's Writer Character, who used the amazing power of the Dvandom Dial to create a great number of LNH heroes and villains. But during Electrocutioner's Song, he was retconned out of existence.
To fix this, during the Bellerophon Gambit, Acton Lord pulled him out of "real life" and back into the net. They restored the origins of all the Dialed characters, then Acton Lord stole the Dvandom Dial and attempted to use its power (and that of the Pega.SYS) to reach the Source Code. When he failed, the Dial overheated, its molten remains dripping onto Dave's staff, and he arose as the Dvandom Stranger.
Since then, he has walked the length and breadth of the Looniverse, giving advice and protecting the integrity of Looniversal reality from those who would threaten it.
It was later revealed that that the Bellerophon Gambit was actually Dave's initiation into Strangerhood, and Acton Lord was but a pawn.
One of those cryptic, mysterious advice-givers.
Powers and Abilities
Mysterious and conveniently vague powers over reality and the plot.
Wears a black trenchcoat over a black T-shirt and black jeans, with black walking shoes, a black fedora, and black wraparound shades (over thick glasses). He carries the Editorial Staff, made of Ebon Unobtanium (very, very black).
- First Appearance (as Dial "D" for Dvandom): another Net.Hero emerges! (Againnn...?)
- 501 Blues: The Long Road to Nowhere
- First Appearance (as Dvandom Stranger): System Corruptors #4 (Bellerophon Gambit Part 4)
- Paper Tigers
- All Things Dark and Scary #1
- Pliable Lad #1, 3, 6
- LNH Comics Presents #13, 17, 19-20 (Looniverse Adrift! Parts 1, 5, 7 and 9)
- Constellation #6, 24, 36
- Dvandom Force #37
- Retcon Midnight #2
- Wrath of the Administrator
- Tales of the Intermezzo: Plot Device
- LNH Triple Play #9 (Catalytic Conversions Part 3)
- Beige Countdown #0
- Bite-Size Tales of the LNH v20 #15